WolvesEthereal

Profile Features

Hey Guys,

To Prevent this getting lost in discord channels.

Profiles!

(Your personal profile will be displayed in a lovely UI, not the current one! It will display things such as, your now playing, games you like, community's you are part of, a news feed, your shards, any social links you have added, xbox etc, it will also display your avatar. you will also be able to pin things to your profile, for example, your favourite game)

As Gamers, what features would you like to see on your personal profile that may not have been listed above?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE - THIS THREAD IS OUT OF DATE ^^^^^

Edited by WolvesEthereal
OOD

Then I think you've covered most of everything! The only other suggestion would be to add locational data, so people are aware of their different timezones. 

10 hours ago, WolvesEthereal said:

Yes 🙂

This feature was just added, but we have not yet configured it to appear on mobile!

1 hour ago, Edaneseus said:

Then I think you've covered most of everything! The only other suggestion would be to add locational data, so people are aware of their different timezones. 

We've got the infrastructure there ready to add map/location features, we will soon 🙂

I had a comment, on the linking up Youtube, at the minute my name currently reads 'UClsLdP1t-LkxFWuj4XWnmjw ' which is my channel code - is there an alternative to use my channel name? Even if it just shows on the front end?

Because youtube.com/woodyrec works but youtube.com/channel/woodyrec doesn't (which is what I think you use?) 

Just I'd noticed it not working for a few people too

Just now, WoodyREC said:

I had a comment, on the linking up Youtube, at the minute my name currently reads 'UClsLdP1t-LkxFWuj4XWnmjw ' which is my channel code - is there an alternative to use my channel name? Even if it just shows on the front end?

Because youtube.com/woodyrec works but youtube.com/channel/woodyrec doesn't (which is what I think you use?) 

Just I'd noticed it not working for a few people too

yes we have looked into this

so for some stupid reason, youtube uses two seperate naming convention systems depending on how many suscribers you have, which makes this awkward (and not to mention ugly) when we want to add it as a social link, as it essentially has two types of URL...one size does not fit all; which is the case for everyone else..

so what we've opted to do is create two fields...one where you put your ugly "UClsLdP1t-LkxFWuj4XWnmjw" and then you'll be able to add a display name to it (on ember) so it won't look ugly anymore!

update will be coming soon!

Brilliant haha thank you

Yeah i've always found it odd there are so many variations of URLs lead to your Youtube page 😂

The only thing I'd like to see really improved upon is the list of games and maybe showing people currently streaming that game and/or a discussion board on those game pages. As a streamer that plays lots of retro/ indie/RPG Maker made/puzzle/strategy games, There is next to nothing I play that's currently in the games list. I know twitch takes its directory/cover photos from another site, so it may be worth looking into another site to grab a complete gamelist from. Right now in Beta, its pretty easy to find streamers in the now live page, but in the future having streamers show up on game pages whether they are currently streaming it or have the most time logged in the category, can be a game changer that links viewers to content more easily. ❤️

6 minutes ago, fizzyflask3 said:

The only thing I'd like to see really improved upon is the list of games and maybe showing people currently streaming that game and/or a discussion board on those game pages. As a streamer that plays lots of retro/ indie/RPG Maker made/puzzle/strategy games, There is next to nothing I play that's currently in the games list. I know twitch takes its directory/cover photos from another site, so it may be worth looking into another site to grab a complete gamelist from. Right now in Beta, its pretty easy to find streamers in the now live page, but in the future having streamers show up on game pages whether they are currently streaming it or have the most time logged in the category, can be a game changer that links viewers to content more easily. ❤️

We add our games manually, as importing databases from external providers runs into $$$, which of course twitch can afford and since we're an indie project, manual it shall stay haha. if you wish to suggest any games for the database you can click the "add game" and submit a request 🙂 Game pages will show everything from Writers Blocks, Streams, Products, Communtiies and teams (for esports) later in development 🙂 bare with us as we are currently in alpha but it's all on our list!

1 minute ago, WolvesEthereal said:

We add our games manually, as importing databases from external providers runs into $$$, which of course twitch can afford and since we're an indie project, manual it shall stay haha. if you wish to suggest any games for the database you can click the "add game" and submit a request 🙂 Game pages will show everything from Writers Blocks, Streams, Products, Communtiies and teams (for esports) later in development 🙂 bare with us as we are currently in alpha but it's all on our list!

Ok. Buckle up then cause I'm going to add some games over the next few days. ❤️