What information does Ember collect from you?
- We ask for certain information such as your username, first and last name and email address when you register for an Ember account.
- We may also retain any messages you send through the Service, and may collect User Content you post to the Service.
- We will also allow you to provide us your log-in credentials for third-party services (Such as Discord or Twitter) so that you can post information from Ember Service onto the third-party service and vice versa.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
- We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages and push notifications, to allow you to find others and have others find you on the Service, and to permit you to share content with others on the Service.
- When you create a profile on the Service, certain information – like your profile picture, name and other biographical information – is made available to the public by default. Although you can change your permissions for certain types of content, this basic biographical information will always be available to the public as long as you have an account with Ember.
- When you interact with us and our accounts on third-party services, we may receive information about you from those third parties. You can control the information we receive through the settings on those third-party services or by unlinking your Ember account from those third-party services, for example: Unlinking your Ember account from your Twitter account.
Third Party Vendors
- Third party vendors, consultants and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, in order to carry out their work for us which may include providing payment, mailing or email services, tax and accounting services, data enhancement services, fraud prevention services, web hosting, and/or analytic services, email server services (to send messages to users), product development services and identity verification services.
Ember uses the following Services:
In the EU, the purposes for which we process your personal data are:
1. Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you for the Service;
2. Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; and
3. Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation in the EU.
We have set out a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so.
Please contact us using the details above if you need information about the specific legal basis we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one legal basis has been set out.
- Ember allows you to connect with others and share information about yourself and provide content with other individuals. Your profile information, including your name, photo and other personal information you include in your bio, will be available publicly to other members of the Service by default. By using the Service, you consent to have your profile information displayed to other members of the Service. Consider your own privacy and personal safety when logging in to our Service and sharing your information with anyone. Ember does not share any of your personal information such as your email address/telephone number to anybody without your consent. If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users have copied or saved that information.
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings. To change your privacy settings on the Service, please change your profile settings to suit your privacy needs.
- We may also share your information with other parties in connection with any company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party or in the event of bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings.
- You may be “found” on the Service by other members using your User ID, or you may be featured on the service. Other members may choose to “Follow” content you post on the service.
How We Store and Process Your Information:
- Storage and Processing: Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United Kingdom, United States, or any other country in which Ember or its affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
How We Protect Your Information:
- Keeping your information safe: Ember takes security of your information very seriously, and uses commercially reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from Ember, at all times. However, Ember cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Ember or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to the functionality of third party sites and services that you add to Ember, such as social networks. Ember is not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party. Compromise of information: In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, Ember will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Your Information Choices
- Commercial and marketing communications: We use the information we collect or receive to communicate directly with you. We use your information to send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). You will also be able to be “found” on Ember based on information that you provide (see “Personal Information”) above. You control your account information and settings: You may update your account information at any time by logging into your account and changing your settings.
- Opt out: The only way to completely opt out of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device. Please refer to your mobile device or browser’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. (To learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org and/or the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, located at http://www.networkadvertising.org ). Depending on your type of device, it may not be possible to delete or disable tracking mechanisms on your mobile device. Note that disabling cookies and/or other tracking tools prevents Ember from tracking your browser’s activities in relation to the Service. However, doing so may disable many of the features available through the Service.
Your rights in respect of your personal information if you are resident in the EU and Switzerland:
If you are located in the EU or Switzerland, you have the following rights in respect of your personal data that we hold:
I) Right of access. The right to obtain access to your personal data.
II) Right to rectification. The right to obtain rectification of your personal data without undue delay where that personal data is inaccurate or incomplete.
III) Right to erasure. The right to obtain the erasure of your personal data without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
IV) Right to restriction. The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that personal data.
V) Right to portability. The right to portability allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one organization to another.
VI) Right to object. You have a right to object to processing based on legitimate interests and direct marketing.
VII) Right to withdraw consent. You should be aware that you are entitled to withdraw your consent where that has been given, at any time. If you do this and we have no alternative lawful reason to process your personal data, this may affect our ability to provide you with rights to use the Service.
If you wish to exercise one of these rights, please contact us at [email protected]
You also have the right to lodge a complaint to your local data protection authority. Further information about how to contact your local data protection authority is available at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
How long does Ember keep information about me?
- For individuals based in the EU or Switzerland, we will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Ember does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 14 or knowingly allow such persons to register as Users. The Service and its content are not directed at anybody under the age of 14. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 14 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 14, please contact us [email protected]
Integrating Other websites and services: